The Domesticated Elk Program in Utah was created in 1997 and includes elk breeding farms and hunting ranches. For further information, contact Phil Crowther at (435) 994-4553.
IMPORTATION INTO UTAH
Importation of captive elk and reindeer into Utah is a three-step process. For more information on each step and the applicable forms, please click on the steps below.
ELK PRODUCER FORMS
- UDAF Elk License Application (Elk Farm, Zoo)
- Utah Elk RFID Tag Order Form
- Hunting Permit Order/Refund form
- Elk Death / Escape Notice
- Elk Brand Inspection
UTAH CODE AND ADMINISTRATIVE RULES RELATING TO ELK RANCHING
- Domesticated Elk Act (Utah Code Annotated: Title 4, Chapter 39)
- Domesticated Elk Ranches (R58-20)
- Elk Farming (R58-18)
- Compliance Procedures (R58-19)